Facilities Event Technician
Job Title: Facilities Event Technician
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Security
Position Status: Hourly, Non Exempt
This hourly, part-time position will perform tasks associated with internal and client-scheduled events. The position will be responsible for supervising and assisting event setup using ICA FFE (furniture, fixtures, and equipment) and also rental equipment. The Facilities Event Technician may also be required to assess and /or repair general building operations and needs.
- Lead the setup and breakdown for internal or external client rental events at the ICA
- Set up FFE per directions and/or diagrams
- Supervise the cleaning staff (ICA vendor) hired to assist with set up and/or breakdown of event FFE
- Respond to service calls and staff work orders related to event setup and client requests
- Act as supervisor to ICA facility vendors
- Respond to emergencies, if necessary, under the direction of Security
- Conduct general housekeeping in preparation for at end of activities
- Complete work in accordance with all applicable codes and ICA policies
- High School diploma required, as well as one to two years experience/familiarity with general building knowledge
- Ability to display professional customer communication, working well indepentently and with others
- Willingness to exhibit initiative while directing day porters and cleaning staff assigned to assist with events
- Efficiency with planning and scheduling labor, demonstrating quality workmanship while providing a safe working environment
- Profiency in reading and understanding setup plans and related details
- Flexbility with regard to work hours; individual is often on call at all hours during assigned periods
- Experience/proficiency with physical labor; person must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Position requires standing for long periods with demonstrated ability to use ladders and complete overhead wor
- Ability to work successfuly in chaotic environment, while following necessary safety protocol to perform tasks safely and efficiently
The hourly rate for this position is commensurate with education and experience. Interested candidates, please send letter of interest, resume, and salary history to email@example.com.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston, and accessible by public transportation.