Corporate Relations Manager
Position Title: Corporate Relations Manager
Department: External Relations
Reports To: Director of Development
Position Status: Full Time, Salaried and Exempt
The Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for identifying, soliciting, cultivating, and managing a portfolio of corporate members and sponsors whose contributions support the exhibitions and programs of the ICA.
The Corporate Relations Manager reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following functions:
- Actively cultivate relationships for Corporate Membership and Sponsorship programs, and for special event and in-kind sponsorship as appropriate, based on corporate program revenue goals
- Design comprehensive stewardship strategies for all Corporate funders, including oversight and execution of accurate benefit fulfillment and regular reporting on impact of retained partnerships
- Solicit and renew corporate funding to meet financial goals
- Regularly research, review, and qualify prospective corporate funders
- Develop comprehensive strategies to build and grow relationships with prospective corporate funders, leveraging ICA senior staff and board leadership, and identifying opportunities for board development, employee engagement, and brand alignment
- Develop creative and effective marketing materials to drive Corporate Membership and Sponsorship programs, including proposals, print, web, and electronic materials
- Develop and oversee annual calendar of communications with corporate funders and prospects, including acquisition, renewal, and stewardship mailings and eNewsletters
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure proper donor/sponsor acknowledgement, including onsite and in print, web, and electronic materials and collateral
- Proactively work with curatorial, education, and program departments to effectively present information about ICA exhibitions and programs to potential and existing partners, and to identify and communicate sponsorship opportunities
- Maintain a working knowledge of best practices in corporate fundraising and trends in corporate social responsibility
- Work with Development Coordinator to manage administration of corporate relations program, including ensuring timely and accurate gift acknowledgement, record keeping, management tracking, benefit fulfillment, distribution of event invitations and eCommunications, and program performance analysis and reporting
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure proper accounting of funds achieved through Corporate Membership and Sponsorship programs
- Work with Director of Development to develop annual corporate program revenue projections and track expenses
- Represent the ICA at events and meetings on evenings and weekends, as needed
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of related development experience
- Proven record of success in procuring new corporate sponsorships from local and national corporations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and flexibility that allow for effective team building and the ability to relate comfortably with a variety of constituencies, including board members, senior management, and internal staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge or similar fundraising database preferred
- Ability to listen carefully, use persuasive communication, and present effectively
- Collaborative attitude in support of overall development and institutional advancement goals
- Tact, discretion, and a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience in a cultural organizations preferred
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes heath and dental insurance, flexible spending plans, 403(b) retirement plan and a generous holiday, vacation, sick, and personal time-off policy.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston and accessible by public transportation (Red Line and Silver Line).