Digital Photography Instructors
The ICA seeks experienced digital photographers to instruct teenage students in beginner, intermediate and advanced Digital Photography classes in winter/spring 2014 in the ICA’s Digital Studio. Instructor schedules will vary according to class enrollment and may include day, evening and weekend hours as needed. Equipment will be provided by the ICA.
The ICA’s Teen New Media Program allows Boston area teens the ability to explore the world of new media in our state-of-the-art digital media studio. Workshops in video, web design, digital photography, animation, pod-casting and more are offered through the year for all levels of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography, Multimedia Graphic Arts, or related field
- Two years successful direct teaching experience required, experience instructing youth preferred
- Two years direct experience in digital photography, digital image editing applications, lighting, preproduction, post-production (Macintosh environment preferred)
- Expert knowledge in
- DSLR camera operations
- Natural and Studio Lighting
- High Quality Output (color printing, web)
- Working with Adobe Camera Raw
- Knowledge in Photography Workflow to import, rename, keyword, rate, adjust, enhance, and output images in multiple formats
- Familiarity with contemporary photographers
- Ability to instruct and connect with teen students within a collaborative learning environment; interest in working with teens
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the instructional process, associated curriculum review, and development of student skills within the area of instruction
- Managing setup, execution, and breakdown of each workshop session
- Assisting with exhibitions of student work, including printing, framing, and website
- Developing community of teen photographers at the ICA
COMPENSATION: $50.00 per hour, contractual by workshop
The ICA does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, national origin, or other protected status. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Independent Contractor: Digital Photography Instructor” in the subject line.