Director of Data Management and Analytics
Position Title: Director of Data Management and Analytics
Reports to: Chief Operating and Chief Financial Officer
Position Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reporting to the Chief Operating and Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Data Management and Analytics manages all aspects of the ICA’s database systems that support fundraising/development, admissions/box office ticket sales, retail point-of-sales and sales through the ICA’s website. This position will also develop and actively manage a cohesive system and provide analysis on data across museum departments, including marketing, education and performance programs, to be used for strategic planning and audience development. The Director of Data Management and Analytics will improve and document work flow and reconciliation procedures between each database and the General Ledger in Finance. Additional responsibilities include providing the data needed for a robust integrated analytics program for the advancement of all constituencies including membership, admissions, theater program, museum store and all development functions. A broad view of applicable systems is required.
• Oversee the policies, operation, maintenance, data integrity and accuracy of the ICA’s core donor/fundraising system, Raiser’s Edge, including all revenue and gift processing (both off and on-line).
• Create, execute and document best practices for receiving and handling gifts through the development and management of data-entry.
• Ensure the accurate entry of data for member, donor and prospect records, including deleting duplicate records, overseeing and systematizing appropriate coding, and coordinating regular global change of address updates. Oversee regular audits of data entry for errors or incorrect codes.
• Manage the data compilation and retrieval of wealth/demographic screenings and other overlay data and analytical tools as needed and as directed by Development.
• Improve reconciliation process with Finance, including importing gifts to the General Ledger.
• Keep current with new technologies to improve database system and assist fundraising staff.
• Coordinate periodic training of appropriate staff on current and new applications of Raiser’s Edge.
• Document all database procedures.
• Work closely with each department to design reports that enable them to manage, track, and report revenue.
• Develop standardized mechanisms for all gift acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship reporting.
• Design and maintain regular campaign reports and moves management system for the Major Gifts program.
• Oversee operation of ICA ticketing system - Patron Edge - for all transactions including admission, performance, group sale and on-line transactions.
• Oversee and develop training manual for all PE procedures, policies and training for admissions and box office staff
• Work with Blackbaud to discuss system options to help streamline transaction procedures and integration of information between Patron Edge and Raiser’s Edge.
• Work with ICA Retail to import membership and visitor data from Museum’s Point-of-Sale system, to enhance customer experience and capture buying habit Collaborate with Retail on strategies around on-line sales to leverage cross-sale opportunities for memberships and donations.
• Implement and oversee data entry for analysis of event attendance and overall museum attendance and reconcile admission revenue with financial records.
• Develop a framework that allows ICA departments to gather data under similar categories, specifically marketing, education, and performance, and create a system to house and analyze that data to assist in audience development.
• Work with Marketing to pull information across various data systems and web to assist with focus groups, visitor surveys and media strategy.
• Work with Education and Performance to help create surveys that line up with overall data systems and assist in strategy around audience opportunities with general visitors and members from data results.
• Work with Admissions to identify other opportunities to capture and track information through current data systems and website including email and zip code data.
The above description is understood to be based on current working knowledge of the tasks required to complete the job successfully. As the role evolves new responsibilities may be added and existing responsibilities may be changed.
• Bachelor’s degree with appropriate course work or equivalent experience in informational sciences, data management and analytics.
• Strong critical thinking skills, technical leadership and proficiency.
• 5 years of fundraising and visitor services database management using The Raiser’s Edge and The Patron Edge.
• Prior experience with Blackbaud NetCommunity, MS Reporting Services and MS SQL.
• Advanced working knowledge of Crystal Reports XI, Excel and Access skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in compiling, analyzing and presenting data.
• Understanding of principles and strategies of philanthropy.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to take initiative and to work independently, exercise good judgment, and act diplomatically.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a time-intensive, highly participatory and collaborative environment with a strong team orientation.
• Understanding of nonprofit accounting.
The salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefits package to include health and dental insurance, flexible spending plan, 403 (b) retirement plan, and a generous holiday, vacation, sick and personal time off policy.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com. When applying, include “Director of Data Management and Analytics” in the subject line.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston, and are accessible by public transportation.