Job Title: Facilities Technician
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Security
Position Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday
This position will perform tasks associated with general building operations and needs. The position will be responsible for inspecting, testing and performing operations and preventative maintenance tasks on mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, and electronic building management control equipment and assisting with mechanical repairs, testing procedures, general building maintenance needs, event control and support and preparing gallery spaces for art installations and maintaining gallery spaces once art has been installed.
- Performs mechanical work as required for installation and maintenance of facility management and equipment systems in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturer specifications.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs to all air and water distribution systems equipment including Air Handling Units, Fan Coil Units, CAC, fans, motors, dampers, VAV, chilled water systems and hot water system pumps, control and sanitary system, life safety, potable and domestic water systems, associated equipment, including but not limited to belt adjustment, oil changes, filter changes and equipment bearing greasing.
- Performs preventive maintenance on various mechanical/ electrical equipment.
- Performs re-lamping of electrical fixtures.
- Performs daily inspections, meter reading and equipment monitoring tours.
- Responds to service calls and staff work orders related to mechanical, electrical including the lighting control system, security control system, carpentry, and painting and furniture installations.
- Stays abreast of equipment changes and facility management best practices.
- Acts as a supervisor to ICA facility vendors and owner representative in the absence of the Director of Facilities and Security.
- Performs supervision and addresses the support needs of special events, both internal and external, supervising the event setup/set down crews and Facilities Event Techs and event support vendors.
- Responds to building emergencies.
- Conducts general house keeping of mechanical and electrical areas.
- Completes work in accordance with all applicable codes and ICA policies.
- Assists the Chief Preparator with art arrivals, de-crating, set ups, housing, installing and de-installations when needed. Able to perform carpentry and painting tasks in relationship to the building and art set ups.
- Ability to work all hours / days and be on call during assigned periods 24/7.
- Ability to meet the physical demands, use of ladders, overhead work, including in lifts and genies, lifting 50 lbs, standing for long periods, kneeling, bending.
- Ability to work in noisy environments, use of safety equipment protection to perform tasks.
- Valid Mass driver’s license.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, and a writing sample to email@example.com. When applying include “Facilities Technician” in subject line of email.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston, and accessible by public transportation (Red Line and Silver Line).