Family Program Artists
The ICA is accepting proposals from artists for our family days—held on the last Saturday of every month (except in December)—when we offer free admission to adults accompanied by children ages 12 and under along with a variety of performances, programs, and art-making activities to engage visitors of all ages.
We are seeking proposals that create educational and interpretive links to our exhibitions. The ICA's Play Dates program seeks to connect kids and their families to contemporary art and artists. Artists' workshops will run from 10 am until 4 pm (ending at 4 pm) on the last Saturday of each month (except December). Activities should be engaging for children ages 6 or 7+ and their adult companions to do together. Assistants will be available to help the programs run smoothly. Different visiting artists are chosen to lead art activities for families each month. Preference will be given to artists who have experience working with children and families.
All Play Date workshops are held in the ICA's Bank of America Art Lab (directly off the main lobby of the museum.) We encourage visitors to spend time in the galleries before or after completing the art projects.
All applicants must:
• Visit an ICA family day ahead of time and meet/collaborate with family programs director
• Focus on connecting to the themes for the day or of the exhibitions
• Appeal to family audiences (including children ages 6 or 7+ and adults to complete together
Once the above steps have been completed, you may choose to submit a formal application/lesson plan.
Please include the following materials in your application packet. Note: materials must be submitted in one package:
• Description of workshop and timeline
• Artistic medium/mesia
• Concepts and educational goals
• Current resume
• Work sample (slides, video, CD)
• Two references (either letters or contact information for two peoplefamiliar
• Self-addressed, stamped return mailer. (Materials without a SASE will not be
SUBMIT PROPOSALS TO
The Institute of Contemporary Art
Attn: Kathleen Lomatoski, Family Programs Coordinator
Play Date Proposals
100 Northern Avenue
Boston, MA 02210
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer.