Leadership Giving Officer
Position: Leadership Giving Officer
Department: External Relations
Reports to: Director of Development
Position Status: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
The ICA seeks a motivated and talented Leadership Giving Officer, who will actively seek out opportunities and develop and implement initiatives to ensure a strong base of high-level philanthropic support for the ICA. The primary focus of this position will be initiating, developing, and stewarding relationships with high-net worth individual prospects and donors. S/he must be a highly energetic professional with a proven track record of building and maintaining donor relationships and closing leadership gifts.
• Develop and advance a prospect portfolio of 150+ including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors in support of the ICA's goals for: annual support at the $2,000+ level; designated major gifts towards capital projects, exhibition, performance, education and public programs; and planned and estate gifts, with a focus on integrated giving strategies.
• Devise innovative cultivation events and opportunities for engagement of leadership donors and prospects, develop creative pathways from general membership to leadership giving, and inform strategies to identify new prospective donors.
• Support the Director of Development and senior leadership in relation to individual giving activities and the development of donor engagement strategies, as appropriate.
• Work with the Director of Development to inform annual goals for the individual giving program.
• Work closely with the Manager of Stewardship and Development Administration to inform and execute stewardship strategies and programs.
• Lead weekly prospect review meetings with representatives across program areas to develop and track moves management process for leadership donors, assess prospect research needs, and with support from the Development Coordinator, ensure accurate and timely entry of leadership individual donor and prospect contacts, correspondence and status in database.
• Develop and sustain strong collaborative relationships with ICA staff, including the Director’s Office, Development colleagues, External Relations, Events and Finance; and with ICA artistic, education and curatorial staff.
• Develop and support volunteer solicitors.
• Participate in and support ICA special events, and attend institution-wide events.
• Other duties as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three to five years of successful annual fund and/or major gift experience, preferably in a museum or cultural institution setting.
• Demonstrated ability to manage major gifts portfolio: set and implement strategic plan for individual prospects; innovative mastery of major gifts management and best practices covering the art of individual relationships and the science of database management; familiarity with advancement systems.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with donors and prospects of all levels; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency with and interest in the contemporary art and performance landscape, with a commitment to the ICA’s mission and programs.
• Working knowledge of life-income gift vehicles, applicable tax laws and IRS rulings.
• Basic knowledge of the types of gifts of works of art, corresponding gift processes and procedures, and the tax and other benefits associated with such gifts.
• Proven record showing evidence of both self-motivation and ability to work collaboratively, particularly in a complex organization
• Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• High energy; a sense of humor, and flexibility
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, flexible spending plans, 403(b) retirement plan and a generous holiday, vacation, sick and personal time off policy.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com. When applying, include “Leadership Giving Officer” in the subject line of email.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston and accessible by public transportation (Red Line and Silver Line).