Retail Sales Associate
Position Title: Retail Sales Associate
Department: Retail Operations/Museum Store
Reports to: Retail Floor Coordinator
Schedule: Part-time / hourly
The Retail Sales Associate for the ICA Store must be a dynamic, well spoken, customer service–oriented individual who is interested in contemporary art and design.
• Operating the POS system and performing sales to the store’s customers
• Receive Incoming merchandise orders
• Pack and ship orders to customers as needed
• Maintain stockroom/ under stock organization
• Providing a high level of customer service to store visitors.
• Maintaining the store appearance on a daily basis with cleaning, merchandising, etc.
• Reconciling the cash drawer at the end of the day
• Performing closing reports
• Restocking merchandise
• Keeping current on all merchandise and store trends
• Maintaining a presentable appearance and following the dress code provided by store management
• Keeping informed about the museum’s exhibitions and programs
• Opening and/or closing the store
• Weekend hours will be mandatory, as well as some evenings, and holidays.
• Interest in contemporary art and design
• Ability to interact with diverse public
• Experience in customer service and retail sales.
• Proficiency with computer and familiarity with a POS system
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston, and accessible by public transportation (Red Line and Silver Line).