Retail Sales Associate
The ICA seeks dynamic, well spoken, customer service–oriented individuals with demonstrated interested in contemporary art and design.
- Provide a high level of customer service to ICA Store visitors
- Operate POS system and perform in-store sales
- Process incoming merchandise orders
- Pack and ship orders to customers as needed
- Maintain stockroom
- Manage under-stock organization
- On a daily basis, maintain store appearance (cleaning, stocking, merchandising, etc.)
- Reconcile end-of-day cash drawer and create closing reports
- Keeping track of merchandise and store trends.
- Maintain presentable appearance, adhering to ICA dress code provided by store management
- Keeping up-to-date about ICA's exhibitions and programs
- Opening and/or closing the store
- Working nights, weekends, and holidays
- Interest in contemporary art and design preferred
- Ability to successfully interact with diverse public
- Previous experience in customer service or retail sales
- Proficiency with computer and familiarity with a POS system
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
An hourly rate will be offered for this position.
Interested candidates, please send a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston, and accessible by public transportation (Red Line and Silver Line).