Special Events Assistant
Reports to: Special Events Manager
Position status: Full Time, Salaried and Exempt
The Special Events Assistant, under the direction of the Special Events Manager, is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of ICA internal events as well as assisting the Special Events Production Manager with corporate events. Occasional nights and weekend work required.
The primary responsibilities of this position are, in collaboration with the Special Events Manager and Special Events Production Manager, to provide support and organization for a wide variety of events at the ICA. A sampling of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with coordination of the ICA’s general calendar for events
- Working with ICA departments to plan all types of internal events including exhibition openings and dinners, member events, and donor cultivation events
- Providng assistance in planning and implementation of ICA fundraising events including the Wine Auction and Gala
- Managing the invitation and RSVP process for all events
- Coordinating staffing needs for both internal and corporate events held at the ICA
- Tracking departmental budgets and expenses as related to event production
- Assisting with post-event follow-up including writing event reports and correspondence to vendors.
- 1- 2 years experience in events planning and management, preferably in a cultural institution
- Must have strong event management, multi-tasking, creative-thinking skills, with strong attention to
detail while presenting oneself with extreme diplomacy
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Strong administration and budgetary skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- A pleasant and professional demeanor
A salary commensurate with candidate’s education and experience will be offered along with an
excellent fringe benefit package.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer.
We are located at 100 Northern Avenue,
Boston, and accessible by public transportation
(Red Line and Silver Line).