Overview: The ICA is seeking candidates to fill two part-time Art Lab Assistants positions. The ideal candidates will work as lead teaching artists while introducing visitors to the installations and related artmaking activities in the Bank of America Art Lab. The Art Lab Assistants will welcome visitors into the Art Lab, manage upkeep and presentation of tools and materials for the related artmaking projects, assist with artwork installation and maintenance, organize supplies, and assist with reordering supplies as necessary. Saturday or Sunday availability is an absolute must.
- Greet visitors, introduce current installation concepts and related art making projects to visitors of all ages
- Maintain knowledge of related artists and artworks and assist visitors with fostering a connections with works on view at the ICA
- Support visitors in their art-making
- Train and support additional Art Lab team assistants in co-facilitating Make/Made
- Maintain educational spaces and ensure supply of materials are accessible, replenished as needed; organize and present for participants; Complete set up of Art Lab space in preparation for visitors prior to museum opening Assist with Art Lab clean up and reorganization following program completion
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written Experience working with diverse audiences, including families and children
- Basic knowledge of contemporary art and artists
- Must be able to work independently, willing to take initiative, demonstrate leadership skills while maintaining a collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of art making tools, materials and processes preferred
- Must be available to work on Saturdays
- Position required mobility for extended periods and the ability to navigate tight spaces
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please include “Art Lab Assistant” in the subject line of email.
We are located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive Boston MA; we are accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.