The ICA invites full-time rising college juniors and seniors to apply for this paid, nine-week internship within the External Relations Department. The Content and Digital Intern’s primary areas of focus will be communications around the major exhibition Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech,” including social media posts, stories, visitor engagement, web content, and more. A secondary project will be to improve and implement communications around accessibility at the ICA as part of an institution-wide initiative to increase access to the museum’s programs and resources.
- Collaborate with Content team to strategize, develop, and implement engaging, educational content and promotion around the exhibition Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech,” including social media posts and stories, web content, ad content, and more
- Manage photo and other digital assets associated with “Figures of Speech,” among others
- Engage with the public through ICA social media
- Assist with photo shoots as needed
- Additional social media management support including monitoring and tagging user posts, researching ideas, scanning peer or associated accounts, pulling analytics, reporting on engagement
- Collaborate with Accessibility Team and Director of Creative Content and Digital Engagement to improve and implement communications around Accessibility at the ICA as part of an institution-wide initiative to increase access to the museum’s programs and resources
- Add accessibility information and resources to the ICA website and other platforms, including alt text
- Participate in the ICA’s cross-departmental Accessibility Team meetings to discuss ongoing accessibility initiatives across the institution
- Interface with colleagues in Education, Performance, Event Planning, and Curatorial to gather information about accessibility initiatives
- Brainstorm creative ways to better communicate accessibility initiatives to the public
- Must have exceptional communication skills, social media fluency, creative thinking, and basic photo editing
- Background in studio art or art history, photography skills, design experience, specific interest in streetwear, and Spanish language proficiency desired
- Must be able to conduct research and work both independently and collaboratively
Interested applicants should review application details and apply to www.artsintern.org/ica-digital. Please include a resume and letter of interest.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, MA and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.