The Customer Relations Manager (CRM) will provide day-to-day and long-range oversight of the ICA’s Customer Relationship Management system, Tessitura, collaborate with staff across the Museum in order to foster adoption of best practices, and promote effective use of our CRM system. The CRM Manager plays a critical role in the presentation and analysis of data through reporting and analytics while supporting project priorities and system solutions related to effective and efficient use of constituent data. This is a full-time, salaried position.
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts and within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport location as of their first day of work.
- All ICA employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of work.
- The ICA offers the flexibility of a hybrid work week, which averages two days a week in the office for employees who are eligible to work remotely (subject to change).
- Provide day-to-day and long-range administrative and analytical management of the ICA’s CRM system, Tessitura
- Manage assistant-level position in the areas of gift entry, data integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality across External Relations and Development programs, as well as gift receipts and benefit fulfillment for the Development department
- Develop and documents Tessitura related policies and procedures
- Oversee the accurate documentation, processing, input, and reporting of all gifts, pledges, and commitments related to unrestricted, restricted, capital, and endowment giving campaigns
- Ensure all gifts are recorded timely, accurately, and in accordance with contributed revenue recognition rules
- Oversee the ICA’s donor acknowledgement, recognition, and pledge reminder processes
- Ensure safeguarding of gift and payment details is followed in accordance with generally applicable privacy and data security laws and ensure that records are complete and current
- Maintain plans for data integrity including clean up and deduplication of records
- Supports online integrations to help achieve and advance online goals
- Serve as the central point of contact for reporting, including but not limited to facilitating the creation of Tessitura lists and extractions, data imports and exports, custom reporting, and Tessitura Analytics dashboards. Manages Development achievement reporting, tracking performance across contributed revenue programs
- Work closely with External Relations and Development teams to ensure data collection required for accurate reporting and analytic needs
- Provide partnership, support, and end-user training for managers and staff, including onboarding and ongoing training to develop a high level of confidence, proficiency, and reinforced standards
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure that Tessitura is aligned with the General Ledger records, including but not limited to the restriction, release, and reallocation of funds. Serves as the primary development contact for annual financial audit, updating and maintaining development office’s auditor files, reports, and resources
- Assist and supports upgrades of the Tessitura software with end-users and Tessitura support
- Stay current on developments in CRM and Tessitura trends, changes, and updates
- Provide onsite and administrative support for fundraising activities including openings and cultivation and special events. Some evening and weekend availability required
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience in database administration, Tessitura experience preferred
- Proven experience in using reporting tools
- Familiarity with finance and accounting procedures
- Skills in SQL, a plus
- Attention to detail, organizational, and time-management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capability
- Prior experience working with an integrated email platform
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to listen, communicate clearly, engage others, troubleshoot and diagnose issues, and identify creative solutions
- Prolonged periods of remaining stationary and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
- Ability to move about in the office to access files, printers, etc.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with donors and other constituents
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Starting Salary/Compensation: $55,000.00 Annual
Starting compensation is based on meeting minimum requirements
Each ICA position has a job grade based on the position’s evaluated job responsibilities, required education and experience, needed skills to perform the job, and professional knowledge. The position’s grade and respective compensation range is determined by the position’s overall responsibilities, including decision making, supervisory/management requirements, resource management and budgeting duties.
Compensation is ultimately determined by the scope of the position and responsibilities, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity, with starting salaries typically falling in the lower half of the compensation range.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of cover interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include “CRM Manager” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.