The ICA invites full-time rising college juniors and seniors to apply for this paid, nine-week internship within the Curatorial Department. The Curatorial Intern will provide critical research support for the development of a publication to accompany a major exhibition. The intern would participate in every aspect of making a book for a museum, from supporting the writing of essays, to sourcing images and receiving rights to reproduce them. A secondary project will be to continue a long-term publications project, to account for the books the institute has made over its nearly 85-year history. This internship provides a student with a better understanding of the ICA’s continued commitment to producing scholarly publications on contemporary art.
- Provide critical research support for the development of a major publication
- Source and track images; secure rights to reproduce
- Learn about every aspect of producing an exhibition catalogue
- Support a long-term publications project to document the museum’s publications history
- Research out of print catalogues and correspond with authors to receive rights to include their essays on the website as a scholarly resource
- Support long-term exhibition research as needed
- Participate as an active member of the Curatorial Department by attending meetings and openings
- Learn about and observe every aspect of Curatorial Department operations
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational and written communication skills
- Background in studio art or art history desired
- Must be able to conduct research and work both independently and collaboratively
Interested applicants should review application details and apply to www.artsintern.org/ica-curatorial-intern.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, MA and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.