The Data Systems and Web Analyst is responsible for the management of the Tessitura database and associated systems, while supporting and executing the ICA’s mission. The Data and Web Analyst collaborates across departments on meeting institutional goals, partners with Tessitura super users (Development, Marketing, Membership, Visitor Services, and Finance) and other key stakeholders across the museum to identify and implement new data initiatives. Utilizing strategic vision, the Data Systems and Web Analyst prioritizes, budgets, manages, and leads CRM innovation to fuel the ICA’s growth goals with an inclusive lens. This position also serves as an advisor, administrator, and occasional developer for the ICA’s various web properties and other databases.
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts or within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport location as of their first day of work.
- All ICA employees are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by October 25, 2021 as we prepare to return to onsite work on Monday, November 1, 2021. All new hires onboarding after October 25 will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 no later than their first day of work.
- Identify and oversee Tessitura-related projects and priorities list by serving as primary liaison to Tessitura super users in all departments and provide regular status reports to the Director of IT Operations and Strategy.
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies for improvements of institutional data usage and integrations with new and existing data systems.
- Develop and document departmental processes for ensuring data integrity.
- Develop new Tessitura customizations, including custom pages, TNEW forms, and Wordfly features.
- Define Tessitura permission structures.
- Build SQL utilities used to automate repetitive processes.
- Serve as general Tessitura/TNEW application/database expert and stay up to date on product roadmap.
- Manage departmental projects and rollouts of new features and integrations.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders to establish policy, evaluate operations, onboard new projects, and proactively identify upcoming needs.
- Provide guidance, technical support, administration, and basic development for all ICA websites, and other web properties in concert with development partners.
- Oversee non-Tessitura custom SQL/reporting work as needed.
- As a member of IT team, participate in various IT projects and tasks as needed.
- Ideally direct experience managing Tessitura systems
- Proficiency with database management, project management, and data analytics.
- Proficient in SQL database configuration and management.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated expertise with Drupal web technologies and platforms.
- Knowledge of information architecture and ecommerce.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL reporting.
- Knowledge of web/interactive marketing principles, user experience, and or related analytical tools such as Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated expertise in compiling, analyzing, and presenting data to wide audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently, exercise good judgment, and act diplomatically.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a time-intensive, highly participatory and collaborative environment with a strong team orientation.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. When applying, please include “Data Systems and Web Analyst” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.