The Events Coordinator, under the direction of the Special Events Manager, is responsible for supporting the planning, execution and providing support organization for a wide variety of events at the ICA. The Events Coordinator will also provide support for select external co-hosted events. Night and weekend work required.
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts or within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport location as of their first day of work.
- All ICA employees are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 by October 25, 2021 as we prepare to return to onsite work on Monday, November 1, 2021. All new hires onboarding after October 25 will be required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 no later than their first day of work.
- Oversee the organization of the ICA’s general calendar for events
- Oversee the planning and execution of a portfolio of 10–15 donor and member events, including the After Hours with the Curator series, pre- and post-lecture receptions, and membership benefit events
- Assist with planning, implementing and staffing an array of institutional events, including exhibition openings, ICA fundraising events (Wine Dinner and Auction, Gala, and Women’s Luncheon), Teen programs and conferences, donor stewardship events (annual Ars Longa Dinner, Spring Trustee Luncheon, and Garden Party), member events, and Watershed Community events
- Collaborate with the Special Events Manager to plan and staff all First Fridays, Harbor Market, and ICA After 5 events, and delegate staffing roles to the First Fridays planning team
- Manage the invitation and RSVP process for all events
- Coordinate staffing needs for internal events held at the ICA and ICA donor private events
- Track departmental budgets and expenses as related to event production
- Interview and oversee events intern(s)
- A minimum of two years previous experience in an events-related position
- Solid experience with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects
- Possess the ability to work with a diverse population
- Previous experience working with budgets a must
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include “Events Coordinator” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.