The Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston is seeking a full time Exhibitions Coordinator to assist with the complete exhibition planning process and serve as program support. The Exhibitions Coordinator will provide essential support in the areas of exhibition administration, artist’s project support, upkeep of project files and timelines while ensuring all phases of the project planning process run efficiently and with clear communication.
- Manage the overall exhibition timelines to ensure projects stays on schedule.
- Coordinate planning and project meetings; assume full responsibility for collecting and compiling meeting agendas, notations and key takeaways.
- Organize exhibition planning materials and notifications of updates to the team.
- Generate and maintain exhibition checklists.
- Facilitate communication with artists, galleries, external curators and lenders in relation to the production, installation and documentation of exhibitions.
- Work with registrars, preparators and curators to track updates to project budgets.
- Coordinate timely conversations on exhibition design elements between internal and external constituents; floorplan, title graphics and site-specific plans.
- Manage didactic production schedule with external vendors, designers and other internal departments involved with signage.
- Oversee production of elements for scale models of planned exhibitions to ensure project timelines are met.
- Coordinate hotel and travel arrangements for artists, curators, and other guests of the curatorial department.
- Coordinate installation photography for exhibitions.
- Draft ICA Tour Proposals for travelling exhibitions and external partners.
- Manage schedules and coordinate press opportunities with Marketing and install activities, during installations.
- Coordinate mailings related to exhibitions.
- Manage and archive exhibition files and maintain a concise ongoing exhibition history.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- BA in Art History or related field of study, with a minimum of 3 years museum or related office experience.
- A demonstrated interest in and experience working with contemporary art.
- Excellent organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and respond quickly.
- Some evening hours required.
Salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, 403(b) retirement plan, and a generous time off policy.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please include “Exhibition Coordinator” in the subject line of email.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston; we are accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.