The Institute of Contemporary Art strives to share the pleasures of reflection, inspiration, provocation, and imagination that contemporary art offers through public access to art, artists, and the creative process. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.
As a small tightly focused Information Technology team, we manage broad systems and application portfolios for over 100 end users across our Boston Seaport and East Boston locations; we run a robust, enterprise class network, server and application infrastructure including a mix of Cisco, HP, Aerohive and Dell/EMC hardware; running primarily Microsoft servers virtualized on VMware, an Avaya PBX, A/V systems and other components. End-user devices include a mix of Windows and OSX with BYOD support provided for IOS and Android devices. Upcoming projects include cloud migrations, moving local email infrastructure and file services to the cloud.
We are seeking a curious and thoughtful person to deliver enabling technology that enhances the ICA’s mission. The IT staff are trained cross-functionally to share the workload; strive for personal, timely and effective support; and believe IT activities should be effortless and transparent. This position offers many opportunities to make a meaningful impact on the overall IT strategy as IT systems are deeply embedded in the day to day museum operations.
About the role
The Help Desk Analyst provides frontline support to all end-user requests. With exposure to all aspects of the institution, you will become independent in managing the ticket queue with assistance from IT team members, outside consultants, and vendors when appropriate.
What we need you to do
- Provide front-line management of tickets submitted by end users or generated internally from the IT team including cross platform support for MS Office, file and print access, application access, presentation support, etc.
- Support employee onboarding/off-boarding including user IDs, mailboxes, phone profiles etc.
- Provide training and support for end users as needed.
- Manage device inventory, imaging of devices, and management of end-user software portfolio.
- Assist in maintaining local network (switches, VLANs, cable plant, VMWare infrastructure) and wide-area communication networks and maintenance/configuration of firewall to ensure reliable and secure network access for business applications.
- Participate in project management of large deployments/upgrades.
What you bring to the table
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a frontline support role in a multiplatform environment particularly Windows/Mac in a professional services organization, ideally in a nonprofit, cultural, or public-facing institution such as a museum
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology related area, or an Associate’s degree in a technology related area plus work experience or an equivalent mix of applicable certifications and work experience.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently with the ability to recognize when each are required.
- Must be able to work odd hours and be on call after work hours and weekends as needed.
- On occasion, may need to lift up to 60 lbs or get on a ladder.
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the value of art institutions to a healthy and robust Boston.
Salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, 403(b) retirement plan, and a generous time off policy.
Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest with desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying include “Help Desk Analyst” in the subject line of the email.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston; we are accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.