The Institute of Contemporary Art is seeking a part-time House Manager for the Barbara Lee Family Foundation Theater. The House Manager is responsible for the overall experience of audiences who attend performances at the ICA. For many patrons they are the face of the organization.
- The House Manager will be responsible for working with the production team to ensure the house opens on time
- Collaborate with security team to ensure the theater is safe for patrons
- Provide direction and training to theater ushers before each performance
- Manage seating or ticketing problems with the box office.
- Work on a variety of performances including contemporary theater and dance, artist lectures, films, family days, gallery performances among others.
- The house manager will primarily work in the Barbara Lee Family Foundation Theater but on occasion will move into other spaces.
- The ideal candidate should have experience as a house manager
- Possess the ability to problem solve, be flexible, and communicate clearly and concisely
- Possess the ability to work well with a diverse population
- Be able to work well under pressure and remain calm, cheerful, and resolute.
House manager must be able to work nights, weekends, and a flexible schedule. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to Maggie Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston; we are accessible by public transportation (red and silver lines).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.