The ICA Waterfront Ambassador is a seasonal, part-time hourly position responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all visitors by assisting with travel via water shuttle service from the ICA dock (Seaport) and ensuring visitor safety to and from the ICA Watershed (East Boston). This seasonal position runs from approximately May 17 – September 5 and requires weekend and holiday availability.
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts or within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport location as of their first day of work.
- All ICA employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of work.
- Provide a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a professional and positive manner while assisting visitors at the ICA dock
- Scan tickets and control and direct crowds at the ICA dock
- Ensure visitor safety at the ICA dock during boarding/departing water shuttles
- Provide general information and respond to visitors’ inquiries regarding museum information for both the ICA and Watershed locations
- Engage in visitor feedback and respond/resolve visitor concerns
- Follow and enforce guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by the ICA and the Associate Director of Visitor Services
- Communicate with Visitor Services staff at the ICA, Watershed building, Watershed dock as well as Water Shuttle staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Possess the ability to remain calm under pressure, use good judgement and respond effectively to visitor concerns
- Ability to work outdoors on the waterfront, rain or shine
- A self-starting attitude with the initiative to keep oneself informed and on-task
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently
- Ability to troubleshoot and respond effectively during high-volume periods
- Ability to work collegially, professionally and collaboratively with a diverse group of constituents including staff, visitors and vendors
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be reliable, punctual and honest, with a team player attitude
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English language fluency strongly preferred
Rate: $18 per hour
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include “ICA Waterfront Ambassador” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.