The ICA Waterfront Ambassador is a seasonal, part-time position responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all visitors by assisting with travel via water shuttle service from the ICA dock (Seaport) and ensuring visitor safety to and from the ICA Watershed (East Boston). This seasonal position runs from approximately May 16 – September 4 and requires weekend and holiday availability.
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts and within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport/Watershed location as of their first day of work.
- Provide a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a professional and positive manner while assisting visitors at the ICA Seaport and East Boston docks
- Scan tickets and control and direct crowds at the ICA Seaport and East Boston docks
- Ensure visitor safety at the ICA Seaport and East Boston docks during boarding/departing water shuttles
- Provide general information and respond to visitors’ inquiries regarding museum information for both the ICA and Watershed locations
- Engage in visitor feedback and respond/resolve visitor concerns
- Follow and enforce guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by the ICA and the Associate Director of Visitor Services
- Communicate with Visitor Services staff at the ICA, Watershed building, Watershed dock, and Water Shuttle staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Possess the ability to remain calm under pressure, use good judgement and respond effectively to visitor concerns
- Ability to work outdoors on the waterfront, rain or shine
- A self-starting attitude with the initiative to keep oneself informed and on-task
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently
- Ability to troubleshoot and respond effectively during high-volume periods
- Ability to work collegially, professionally, and collaboratively with a diverse group of constituents including staff, visitors, and vendors
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be available to work May 16 – September 4, 2023
- Must be reliable, punctual, and honest with a team player attitude
- Bilingual Spanish/English language fluency strongly preferred
- Work for this position is performed outdoors harbor side and involves working with the public and all that entails
- Prolonged periods of remaining stationary such as when sitting by dock, standing, and/or moving about to direct visitors
- Staff in this position use and/or operate a hand-held radio for communication
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with visitors, staff, departments, and with diverse and multigenerational guests
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Starting Salary/Compensation: $18.00 per hour
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. When applying, please include “ICA Waterfront Ambassador” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.