The ICA Watershed Visitor Services Associate is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all visitors of the ICA Watershed by engaging visitors with the artwork, answering questions about the ICA and ICA Watershed, selling general admission tickets, promoting and selling memberships, cashiering and cash-handling, and monitoring the safety and security of visitors and artwork. This seasonal position runs mid-May through September 2 and requires evening, weekend, and holiday hours. Spanish language fluency strongly preferred.
- Present a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a positive and professional manner
- Monitor visitors in the museum areas to provide smooth flow of visitation
- Process general admission tickets and memberships, engage in visitor feedback, and resolve visitor issues when necessary
- Provide general information and respond to visitors’ requests
- Engage visitors’ experience by proactively interacting when appropriate, answering questions about contemporary art
- Assist with preparation and processing of group visits and tours
- Keep abreast of exhibitions and events; attend educational and curatorial trainings as necessary
- Set up cash drawers and make change at open, assume responsibility for all transactions performed during shift, secure cash drawers at closing
- Go to bank for change as needed
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by the ICA Watershed reference book
- Communicate visitor feedback and concerns to Site Supervisor and Assistant Site Supervisor
- Complete daily tasks as assigned by Site Supervisor and Assistant Site Supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Possess the ability to remain calm under pressure, use good judgement, and respond effectively to visitor concerns
- Exhibit a self-starter attitude and the initiative to stay informed and on task
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and on individual tasks
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and respond effectively during high-volume periods
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be reliable, punctual, honest, and a team player with a great attitude
Benefits: Include free museum admission; discounts on the store, membership, and select ICA productions; and free museum admission at select museums in and around Boston
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. When applying include “ICA Watershed Visitor Services Associate” in the subject line of email.
The ICA Watershed is located in the Boston Harbor Shipyard and Marina at 256 Marginal Street, East Boston, MA 02128.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.