The ICA Watershed Visitor Services Associate is a seasonal, part-time position responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all visitors by engaging visitors with artwork, assisting with travel to and from the ICA Watershed via water taxi service, answering questions about the ICA and ICA Watershed, selling admission and water taxi service tickets, promoting and selling memberships, cashiering and cash-handling, and monitoring the safety and security of visitors and artwork.
This seasonal position runs from June 14 – September 6 and requires weekend and holiday availability.
- Present a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a positive and professional manner
- Monitor visitors in museum areas to provide smooth flow of visitation
- Process admission and water taxi service tickets and memberships; perform cashiering duties
- Provide general information and respond to visitors’ requests, engage feedback, and resolve issues when necessary
- Engage the visitor’s experience by proactively interacting when appropriate, answering questions about contemporary art
- Assist visitors with the use of water taxi service at the Watershed dock in Piers Park
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess the ability to stand for long periods and work in an outdoor environment
- Must be reliable, punctual, honest, and a team player with a great attitude
- Must be available to work June 14th – September 6th
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must pass a CORI background check
- Bilingual Spanish/English language fluency strongly preferred
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying include “Watershed Visitor Services Associate” in the subject line of email.
The ICA Watershed is located in the Boston Harbor Shipyard and Marina at 256 Marginal Street in East Boston.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.