The ICA Dock Attendant is a seasonal, part-time position responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all visitors by assisting with travel to and from the ICA Watershed via water taxi service and ensuring visitor safety at the ICA dock This seasonal position runs from June 21 – September 6 and requires weekend and holiday availability.
- Provide a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a professional and positive manner while assisting visitors at the ICA dock
- Ensure visitor safety at the ICA dock and boarding/departing water taxis
- Provide general information and respond to visitors’ requests for museum information for both the ICA and Watershed locations
- Engage in visitor feedback and resolve visitor complaints
- Control and direct crowds at the CA dock
- Follow and enforce guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by the ICA and the Associate Director of Visitor Services
- Communicate with Visitor Services staff at the ICA, Watershed, and Piers Park dock as well as Boston Harbor Cruises staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Possess the ability to remain calm under pressure, use good judgement and respond effectively to visitor concerns
- A self-starting attitude with the initiative to keep oneself informed and on-task
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must be reliable, punctual and honest, with a team player attitude
- Must pass a CORI background check
- Bilingual Spanish/English language fluency strongly preferred
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. When applying include “ICA Dock Attendant” in the subject line of email.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.