The Sales Associate for the ICA Store must be a dynamic, well spoken, customer service oriented individual who is interested in contemporary art & design.
- Operating the POS system and performing sales to the store’s customers.
- Providing a high level of customer service to store visitors.
- Maintaining the store appearance on a daily basis with cleaning, merchandising, etc.
- Reconciling the cash drawer at the end of the day. Performing closing reports.
- Restocking merchandise.
- Keeping current on all merchandise & store trends.
- Maintaining a presentable appearance and following the dress code provided by store management.
- Keeping informed about the museum’s exhibitions, and many programs.
- Aiding in the organization of the stock room.
- Opening and/or closing the store.
- Ability and willingness to sell memberships when appropriate.
- Weekend hours are mandatory, as well as some additional evenings and holidays.
- High School Diploma
- Pleasant friendly attitude
- Operating the POS system and performing sales to the store’s customers
- Providing a high level of customer service to store visitors
Availability to work 15 flexible hours including evening, weekend shifts, and holidays
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. When applying, please include “Retail Sales Associate” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.