The Visitor Services Associate will provide exceptional customer service to all visitors to the ICA. The ideal candidate will welcome visitors and provide information about the museum, sell general admission, events and theater performance tickets, as well as promote and sell memberships on-site, perform cashiering, cash-handling, and other daily tasks. Evenings, weekends and holiday availability required. This seasonal position runs from May 16 – September 5, 2021 and requires weekend and holiday availability.
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts or within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport/Watershed locations as of their first day of work.
- All ICA employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of work.
- Provide a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a professional and positive manner while selling and process general admission, event, and performance tickets
- Actively promote and sell ICA memberships and assist with on-site membership processing
- Capture visitor zip codes and email information at check-in
- Provide general information and respond to visitors’ requests for museum information about the facilities, fees, membership information, and other inquiries in order to assist visitors in their use and enjoyment of the ICA
- Perform all opening and closing responsibilities and tasks related to admissions and box office
- Prepare and process group visits and tours and keep informed of exhibitions and events
- Maintain a neat, organized, and stocked work space
- Respond to phone calls and email inquiries and forward to applicable departments when necessary
- Engage in visitor feedback and resolve visitor complaints, including processing refunds as needed
- Control and direct crowds in lobby
- Access safe, set up cash drawers, and make change at open
- Assume responsibility for all transactions during shift, return cash drawers and bank change to safe at close, and go to bank for change as needed
- Follow and enforce guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by the ICA and the Associate Director of Visitor Services
- Attend quarterly staff meetings
- Rotate as shift leader, as assigned, to lead daily tasks and handle opening and closing duties as scheduled
- Communicate with gallery and security supervisors when required
- Assist with troubleshooting technical issues and Tessitura operations
- Complete daily tasks as assigned by shift leader
- Process donation requests, run event sales reports, and log museum attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Possess the ability to remain calm under pressure, use good judgement, and respond effectively to visitor concerns
- Self-starting attitude with the initiative to keep oneself informed and on-task
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot issues and respond effectively during high-volume times
- Ability to work collegially, professionally, and collaboratively with a diverse group of constituents including staff, visitors, and vendors
- Must be available to work May 16th – September 5th
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Pay Rate: $18 per hour
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include “Visitor Services Associate” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.