The part time Security Coordinator will assist with all aspects of safety and security function within the ICA including but not limited to supervision of contract security officers, front line security support, assistance with supervising internal and external events, coverage in the galleries and at the security desk, training security officers, emergency and first aid procedures, and creating and documenting incident reports. The position requires the ability to work flexible hours, evening, weekend, and on-call availability.
- Assist with all aspects of the security functions, including ensuring the day to day safety and security of ICA staff, visitors, artwork, and property
- Schedule, assign, and assist with overseeing contract security personnel to ensure adequate security coverage for events and daily operations
- Provide front line support for the security office including monitoring and responding to alarms, cameras, key, parcel, and access control
- Supervise internal and external events as needed
- Provide relief, assume duties in the galleries or at the Security Desk when necessary
- Assist in training all Base Officers, Event Officers, Event Supervisors, and Visitor Assistant staff on security and safety protocol and policies
- Assist in updating the weekly security schedule for officer requests and events
- Respond to and assist with providing emergency assistance and first aid as needed
- Responsible for documenting incident reports in a timely manner
- Assume an active role in emergency management procedures, including tests and actual events
- Participate in defining departmental direction and prioritizing long-term projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by Assistant Security Manager and Director of Security
- Associate’s degree preferably in a criminal justice or a related area or equivalent experience
- One to two years’ experience in front line support, supervisory role, emergency response, or loss prevention capacity desired
- Knowledge of basic security operations, safety practices in a business environment, working knowledge of security systems and related technical information preferred
- Possess the ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures; perform duties in a professional manner; and investigate and write incident reports
- Must have Crowd Control certification and life safety training
- Must be detail orientated and possess excellent organizational skills
- Possess excellent communications skills, written and verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to perform walking tours of ICA and Watershed facility on a regular basis
- Strong computer skills required; prior experience with word processing, spreadsheets and email needed
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (mornings, nights and weekends)
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Possess the ability to be persuasive and negotiate with others in a professional and welcoming manner
- Must be able to manage crisis situations; demonstrate self-control under difficult circumstances; possess good judgment, clear decision making, appropriate initiative, and professional conduct
- Possess the ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends, and on-call hours based on operational necessity
- Possesses the ability to meet the physical demands of the job including ability to climb, stoop, crawl, and stand for multiple hours needs. Additionally, the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Valid MA driver’s license with clean driving record for last 5 years
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please include “Security Coordinator” in subject line of email.
The ICA located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston MA, and accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.