The ICA invites full-time rising college juniors and seniors to apply for this paid, nine-week internship within the External Relations Department through the Studio Institute Arts Intern program. This internship is planned to take place both virtually and in person.
The Content and Digital Intern’s primary areas of focus will be communications around the exhibition Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech”. The intern will:
- Collaborate with the Content team to strategize, develop, and implement engaging, educational content and promotion around Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech,” including social media posts, video reels and stories, web and ad content, and more.
- Collaborate with the Content and Retail teams to promote “Figures of Speech” retail on social media, online, and in e-communications.
- Manage photo and other digital assets associated with “Figures of Speech,” among other programming.
The intern will also collaborate with the Content team to improve and implement communications around accessibility at the ICA as part of an institution-wide initiative. This will include:
- Adding accessibility information and resources to the ICA website and other platforms.
- Interfacing with colleagues across the ICA to gather information about accessibility initiatives as needed.
- Brainstorming creative ways to communicate accessibility initiatives to the public.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Supporting Content team in brainstorming and drafting communications around other exhibitions, programs, performances, and events, including social media, web text, digital communications, video, and more.
- Responding to general inquiries on ICA social media.
- Attending ICA events to document for social media (as possible).
Skills: Exceptional communication skills, social media fluency, creative thinking, and basic photo editing are required. Background in studio art, art history, photography skills, or design; specific interest in streetwear; and/or Spanish language proficiency desired. Intern must utilize own computer equipment and internet access.
This position pays $15/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Interested applicants should review application details and apply to www.artsintern.org/ica-digital.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.