The ICA invites full-time rising college juniors and seniors to apply for this paid, hybrid nine-week internship within the Marketing Department through the Studio Institute Arts Intern program.
The Content and Digital Intern’s primary areas of focus will be widening engagement through social media and design initiatives and collaborating on a range of public-facing digital and physical materials. The Intern will receive a crash course in social media management and content creation for the museum and will come away with a portfolio of materials in a range of formats, plus experience working collaboratively and within established content and design guidelines.
- Collaborate with content team to strategize, develop, and implement creative reels, stories, and social media posts highlighting ICA exhibitions and programming, with special focus on video and motion graphics
- Design public-facing digital materials and signage under the leadership of Principal Designer
- Research/identify online trends to help boost engagement
- Manage photo and other digital assets
- Additional social media management support including engaging with the public, monitoring and tagging user posts, researching ideas, scanning peer or associated accounts, pulling analytics, reporting on engagement
Skills: Must have exceptional communication skills, social media fluency, and creative thinking. Video and basic photo editing experience required. Design experience including InDesign/Illustrator required. Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively. Background in studio art or art history a plus
This position pays $20/hr, 28 hours a week for 9 weeks. In addition, you will receive a $500 stipend for completing the Arts Intern component of the program. Interested applicants should review application details and apply via Studio Institute Arts.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.