The Teen New Media Alumni Assistant will assist the Teen New Media Programs staff working as the primary Teaching Assistant for all Teen New Media workshops and classes. This position cultivates the professional growth and education of alumni in the arts education and museum education fields. A broad understanding of, and the willingness to learn creative digital media and technology tools is required.
- Support Teen New Media Programs staff and contract educators in teaching photography, film, music, and DJ programs
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized workspace
- Follow all checkout procedures at the end of workshops
- Provide video editing and website updates as assigned
- Among other tasks as assigned
- Must be an alumni of the ICA’s Teen Programs in good standing
- Some organizational and administrative skills required
- Some post–high school coursework in related area(s) a plus
- Experience with DSLR camera, video, and audio recording preferred
- Possess intermediate to advanced knowledge editing multiple media
- Possess an interest in pursuing a professional path in arts education
- Have a broad understanding of and willingness to learn creative digital media and technology tools
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please include “Teen New Media Alumni Assistant” in the subject line of email.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston; we are accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.