The Teen New Media Alumni Assistant (TNMAA) will assist the Teen New Media Programs staff. The TNMAA will work as the primary Teaching Assistant for Teen New Media workshops and classes, communicating with program participants and supporting the organization and maintenance of the Digital Studio and its databases. This position cultivates the professional growth and education of alumni in the arts education and museum education fields. A broad understanding of and willingness to learn creative digital media and technology tools are required. This is a part time, non-exempt position.
- Support Teen New Media Programs staff and contract educators in planning and teaching photography, film, music production, and DJ programs
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of the workspace and databases
- Facilitate and assist with checkout procedures at the end of workshops and participate in debrief discussions
- Provide video editing and website updates as assigned
- Contribute to documentation of programs by taking photos, videos, and notes as assigned
- Create content for ICA Teens website and social media channels as assigned
- Other tasks related to Teen New Media Programs as assigned
- Must be an alumni of the ICA’s Teen Programs in good standing
- Organizational and administrative skills required
- Post–high school coursework in related area(s) a plus
- Experience with photography, film, music production, and/or DJ preferred
- Possess intermediate to advanced knowledge of editing multiple media
- Possess an interest in pursuing a professional path in arts education or museum education
- Have a broad understanding of and willingness to learn creative digital media and technology tools
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please include “Teen New Media Alumni Assistant” in the subject line of email.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.