You are here
Teen New Media Program Assistant
The Teen New Media Program Assistant (TNMPA) will support the ICA’s efforts to connect Boston-area youth with contemporary art by providing opportunities to engage with new media, including digital filmmaking, digital photography, and music production. The TNMPA will assist instructors with Teen New Media workshops while providing administrative support by maintaining files, doing data entry, tracking and processing program registrations, and coordinating with Boston Public Schools teachers and other entities to ensure a successful program.
- Assume responsibilities of primary teaching assistant for Teen New Media programs, which ensures that students are engaged with and discussing contemporary art in relation to their own projects
- Assist with the planning and execution of teen presentations at the ICA, including Fast Forward screenings, Teen Night, and Teen New Media Workshop presentations and exhibitions
- Assist with the coordination of various ICA Teen New Media Alumni events, maintain alumni database
- Maintain all equipment, supplies; facilitate equipment loan procedures; and assist Teen New Media Program Manager with maintaining digital studio
- Assume full responsibility for Teen Program database, including accuracy of data related to students, teachers, registrations, intake and participation records, consent forms, and current emergency contacts
- With the supervision of the Teen New Media Program Manager, serve as primary liaison and maintain ongoing communication with teachers of record via Boston Public School Credit Program
- Participate in the recruitment efforts for the teen new media programs
- Assist with archiving students digital works and workshop records; update program website for workshops, participants, and artwork
- Assist with and contribute to field-wide initiatives such as the annual Teen Convening, including media documentation and support, communication, and administration of program partnerships
- Represent the ICA and its Teen New Media program at city-wide meetings, conferences, and other professional opportunities
- Communicate with registered students following workshop sessions and workshop completion as necessary
- Maintain active and current knowledge in the field of New Media Education and youth audiences
- TNMPA may provide additional administrative support within the department as it pertains to Teen Programs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
- Some evening and weekend hours required
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BFA required in media arts, art education, or a related field, or equivalent experience required.
- A broad understanding of and willingness to learn creative digital media and technology tools.
- Experience working with Apple computers and Mac OSX; familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Previous experience working with teens
- A demonstrated interest in contemporary art
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Possess the ability to communicate with a diverse populations and present in a large group setting
- Must be able to work independently, demonstrating initiative and proficiency at problem solving
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
Salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefit package that includes health and dental insurance, flexible spending plans, 403(b) retirement plan and a generous time off policy.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. When applying include “Teen New Medial Program Assistant” in the subject line of email.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment.