The Virgil Abloh Sales Associate will work at the ICA in the specially designed Virgil Abloh store in connection with the Virgil Abloh exhibition at the ICA. Sales Associates will provide ICA visitors with a high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment. This is a part-time, temporary position lasting 14 weeks (September 28 – December 29)
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts or within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport location as of their first day of work.
- All ICA employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 25, 2021, as we prepare to return to onsite work on Monday, November 1, 2021. All new hires onboarding after October 25 will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than their first day of work.
- Greet customers upon entry to the store, offer assistance and answer product inquiries
- Assess customer needs, provide assistance and information on product details and features
- Achieve high level of customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service and sales interactions
- Actively engage with customers by providing positive experience
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals
- “Go the extra mile” to drive and successfully complete sales
- Replenish stock when necessary and maintain overall store appearance
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available or alternate options
- Process purchases though handheld POS system
- Sell a variety of products
- Maintain compliance with inventory control policies and procedures
- Open and/or close the store when scheduled
- Communicate basic information about Virgil Abloh exhibition to ICA visitors if asked
- Maintain ICA dress code
- Weekend hours are mandatory, as well as some additional evenings and holidays. Commitment needed from September 28 – December 29
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Associate, Sales Representative or similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work flexible hours including evening and weekend shifts
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. When applying, please include “Virgil Abloh Sales Associate” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.