The part time Visitor Services Gallery Assistant will combine your customer-service skills and interest in contemporary art. The Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) is seeking a reliable, skilled customer service-oriented individual for the position of Visitor Services Gallery Assistant; it combines the responsibilities of gallery security with museum information and exhibition interpretation. The Visitor Services Gallery Assistant works as a key member of an education-centric, visitor-centered staff; which offers the ability to grow and practice public speaking and audience engagement skills while learning about artwork and public safeguarding practices. This exciting opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the visitors’ experience of ICA exhibitions. Applicants must be able to stand for extended periods, adhere to a dress code and general mobility throughout the building is required. Must also be available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality with the ability to interact with a diverse population
- Possess the ability to use good judgment, handle crowds and waiting lines while remaining calm and presenting a professional demeanor
- Experience with or knowledge of contemporary visual art is a plus
Free museum admission, discounts in the museum store and water cafe, membership discounts on select ICA productions and free museum admission at select museums in and around Boston, eligible after 60 days of employment.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “Visitor Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer.