The Visitor Services Associate will provide exceptional customer service to all visitors to the ICA. The ideal candidate will welcome visitors and provide information about the museum, sell general admission, event, and performance tickets, as well as promote and sell memberships on-site, perform cashiering, cash-handling, and other daily tasks. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays required. This position is part-time at approximately 15 hours per week.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a professional and positive manner while selling and processing general admission, event, and performance tickets
- Actively promote and sell ICA Memberships; assist with on-site membership processing
- Provide general information and respond to visitors’ requests for museum information about the facilities, fees, membership information, and other inquiries in order to assist visitors in their use and enjoyment of the ICA
- Respond to phone calls and email inquiries, forwarding to applicable departments when necessary
- Engage in visitor feedback and resolve visitor concerns, including processing refunds as needed
- Follow and enforce guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by the ICA and the Associate Director of Visitor Services
- Rotate to shift leader as assigned to lead daily tasks and handle opening and closing duties as scheduled
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Possess the ability to remain composed in fast-paced environment, use good judgement, and respond effectively to visitor concerns
- A self-starting attitude with the initiative to keep oneself informed and on-task
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently
- Must be reliable, punctual, and honest, with a team-player attitude
Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. When applying, please include “Visitor Services Associate” in the subject line.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and is accessible by public transportation (Red and Silver Line).
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply.
The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.