The Visitor Services Associate will provide exceptional customer service to all ICA visitors through an engaging welcome and a willingness to share information about the museum, selling general admission, tickets to events and theater performances. In addition the Visitor Services Associate will promote and sell on-site memberships, perform cashiering and cash-handling duties along other daily tasks. Evenings, weekends and holiday availability required.
- Provide a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and represent the ICA in a professional and positive manner while selling and processing general admission, events, and performance tickets
- Actively promote and sell ICA Memberships, capture visitor zip codes and email information at check-in
- Provide general information and respond to visitor requests for museum information about the facilities, fees, membership information, and other inquiries in order to assist visitors in their use and enjoyment of the ICA
- Perform all opening and closing responsibilities and tasks related to admissions and box office
- Prepare and process group visits and tours and keep abreast of all exhibitions and events occurring
- Maintain a neat, organized, and stocked work space
- Respond to phone and email inquiries, and forward to applicable departments when necessary
- Engage in visitor feedback and resolve visitor complaints appropriately, including processing refunds as needed
- Control and direct crowds in lobby; communicate with gallery and security supervisors when required
- Operate coat check when not otherwise staffed
- Access safe, set up cash drawers, and make change at open
- Assume responsibility for all transactions during shift; return cash drawers and bank change to safe at close, go to bank for change as needed
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by the ICA and the Associate Director of Visitor Services
- Attend quarterly staff meetings
- Rotate as shift leader, lead daily tasks, and handle opening and closing duties as scheduled
- Assist with troubleshooting technical issues and Tessitura operations
- Process donation requests, run event sales reports, and log museum attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Possess the ability to remain calm under pressure, use good judgement, and respond effectively to visitor concerns
- Must have a self-starting attitude with the initiative to keep oneself informed and on-task
- Ability to work well both with a team and independently
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot issues and respond effectively during high-volume periods
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must be reliable, punctual and honest, with a team player attitude
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. When applying include “Visitor Services Associate” in the subject line of email.
The ICA is located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston and accessible by public transportation Red and Silver Line.
The ICA is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates from groups historically underrepresented in the museum professions are strongly encouraged to apply. The ICA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an EOE/AA employer dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices.