You are here
Web Platforms & Data Analytics Manager
The Web Platforms & Data Analytics Manager is responsible for supporting and developing the ICA’s various web platforms with input from content providers from different departments. This position also oversees the reporting and analytics aspects of the ICA’s database systems which supports the institution. The ideal candidate will develop and actively manage a cohesive system that provides data analysis across all museum departments for strategic planning and audience development. This position will also actively participate in various other IT projects.
Web Platform Support:
- Work with Marketing and Education platform and content teams by assisting with development and support of the Institute’s various web platforms, which includes the ICA’s main web site, the ICA’s Teens site, the Intranet, the Mediatheque, digital signage, and other deployments of web technology across the Museum footprint.
- Track usage trends of the organization’s websites, including visitors’ quantity and quality and make recommendations to improve effectiveness and customer experience.
- Establish and maintain an information architecture that is well- organized, user experience driven, and presents a consistent corporate look and feel according to brand standards.
- Evaluate and recommend website design, platform, configuration and content.
- Work with product marketing teams to align analytical frameworks to specific audiences and programs.
Data Reporting & Analytics:
- Generate all data reports, exports, and lists for External Relations and Development for invitations, communications, appeals, and analytics as requested, utilizing Crystal reporting tools, custom SQL queries, or other reporting technologies.
- Assist with the development of relevant informational dashboards with forthcoming Tessitura constituent management platform, admissions and education platform.
- Work with ICA Retail and Marketing staff to analyze and compile membership and visitor data. From Museum’s POS Platform to enhance customer experience and capture buying habits.
- Collaborate on strategies to leverage cross-sale opportunities for memberships and donations.
- Develop a framework that allows ICA departments to gather data under similar categories, specifically marketing, education, and performance.
- Create a system to house and analyze data collected to assist in audience development and revenue generation.
- Collaborate with Marketing to gather information across various data systems and web platforms to assist with focus groups, visitor surveys, and media strategy.
- Partner with Education and Performance to help create surveys that align with overall data systems and assist in strategy around audience opportunities for general visitors and members.
- Work with Admissions to identify opportunities to capture and track visitor information through current data systems and websites including email and contact details.
IT Department Support:
- Participate in a project management role in the implementation of forthcoming Tessitura admissions and Constituent management software.
- Provide assistance to relevant help desk requests across the Museum footprint, and take-on special project, as assigned by IT Director.
- The above description is understood to be based on current working knowledge of the tasks required to complete the job successfully. As the role evolves, new responsibilities may be added and existing responsibilities may be changed.
Bachelor’s degree with applicable coursework and experience in informational sciences, database management, project management and data analytics.
Minimum of 5 years SQL database configuration and management.
Knowledge of and demonstrated expertise with Drupal web technologies and platforms
Advanced knowledge of information architecture and ecommerce
Advanced knowledge of Crystal Reports XI, Excel and SQL reporting.
Advanced knowledge of web/interactive marketing principles, user experience, and or related analytical tools such as Google Analytics
Demonstrated expertise in compiling, analyzing and presenting data to wide audiences.
Working knowledge of WMWare, ESX, OSX Server, Active Directory
Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong critical thinking skills.
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to take initiative and to work independently, exercise good judgment, and act diplomatically.
Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a time-intensive, highly participatory and collaborative environment with a strong team orientation.
The salary for this position is commensurate with education and experience. The ICA offers an excellent fringe benefits package to include health and dental insurance, flexible spending plan, 403 (b) retirement plan, and generous time off policy.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume and salary history to email@example.com. When applying, include “Web Platforms & Data Analytics Manager” in the subject line.
The ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We are located at 25 Harbor Shore Drive, Boston, and are accessible by public transportation.