Photography: Troy Wade / Jim Drain Studio / Studio Allston Hotel
Spice up your Sunday brunch at home with an out of this world DJ set by Saucy Lady. Cook special weekly recipes while getting down to live music from local DJs.
Saucy chickpeas on toast
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- Olive oil
- 3 small shallots or 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon or cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- sugar to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 can of peeled plum tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes (skinned), squashed or roughly chopped
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 4-6 slices of toasted bread
- fresh parsley and / or dill, to garnish (optional)
- a few pitted Kalamata olives, to garnish (optional)
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan. Gently fry shallots, stirring frequently, until almost translucent. Add garlic and fry until softened.
Mix paprika, cinnamon/cumin into the shallot and garlic mixture and fry off gently for 1-2 minutes stirring the whole time.
- Add tomatoes with a couple of tablespoons of water. Simmer on low-medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Mix in cooked chickpeas and let them warm through in the sauce. Season with salt, sugar and black pepper.
- Serve on toast with a sprinkle of fresh herbs and a few olives.
Share your kitchen creations with #ICAbrunchjams