Photo by Ally Schmalling
Spice up your Sunday brunch at home with our new Instagram live series featuring DJ Slick Vick. Cook special weekly recipes while getting down to live music from local DJs.
Mushroom, Leek, and Fontina Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, whites and pale green parts only
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- ¾ cup shredded Fontina cheese
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat to 350°. Place a rack in upper third of oven.
- On stove, heeat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add leeks; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Add mushrooms and cook, until softened and all liquid has evaporated, 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, sour cream, and parsley in a large bowl; mix in ½ cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase the stove heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms, shaking the pan to evenly distribute mixture. Cook the frittata, without stirring, until its edges begin to set, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup cheese over eggs and transfer skillet to oven. Bake frittata until golden brown and center is set, 25-30 minutes.
Share your kitchen creations with #ICAbrunchjams