Get your vibes right with Boston-based DJ/producer duo SuperSmashBroz. Born and raised in Roxbury, these blood brothers will bring a genre-bending set to your Sunday brunch at home.
Egg Sauce & Boiled Yam
As a tribute to their heritage, SuperSmashBroz welcome you to cook egg sauce and boiled yam—one of the classic weekend breakfast staples in Nigeria.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 35 min
How to cook yam
- Slice yam into about 1-inch size and peel the skin off.
- Rinse in clean water till water runs clear and no residue in water.
- Put yam in a pan, add enough water to cover it, add salt and place on medium heat and cook till soft. Test with a fork, if it goes through, then the yam should be soft enough.
- Drain water from yam and move on to making the egg sauce.
How to make egg sauce
- Break eggs into a shallow bowl, whisk till egg white and egg yolk are well combined, add salt and whisk to combine then set it aside
- Place a frying pan on a medium/low heat, add of vegetable oil, heat for about 2-3 minutes
- Add chopped peppers and onions (this should sizzle) and cook for about 4-5 minutes or till oil floats on the sauce, add salt, seasoning, curry and thyme. Stir to combine ingredient with sauce and also avoid sauce sticking to the pan
- Add whisked eggs to sauce and leave for about a minute before stirring. (this will allow the egg to set a bit) Stir to scramble egg. Serve egg sauce with boiled yam immediately.
Are there access accommodations that would be useful to help you fully participate in this program (e.g. captioning, ASL, post-program transcript)? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your support helps keeps programs like this – both virtual and in-person – free and accessible in this time of uncertainty. If you are able, please consider becoming a member or making a one-time gift to support the ICA.