You are here
Celebrate 10 years on the waterfront with performances, art-making, talks, activities, and refreshments, free for all.
- 11:30 | Branches Steel Orchestra – Dorchester’s Branches Steel Orchestra brings the traditional calypso music of Trinidad and the West Indies, as well as modern classics of pop, R&B, spirituals, jazz, soca, and reggae
- 1:30 | Dances from Everyday Cabaret – Some of the region’s best performers come together in this entertaining revue showcasing a variety of popular styles. With Peter DiMuro, Artistic Director of Public Displays of Motion & Executive Director of the Dance Complex, as emcee and guide
- 3:30 | Music from the African Diaspora – Berklee College of Music and Boston Conservatory students from Africa, Brazil, and the U.S. showcase international sounds
- 10 AM–12 PM | Free coffee and hot chocolate (while supplies last)
- 10 AM–4 PM | Artmaking in the Bank of America Art Lab; see yourself projected around the building as part of a special site-specific installation by Boston-based artist Susannah Lawrence
- 10 AM–5 PM | Hearts for Art: Show some love for works in the ICA collection
- 10 AM–5 PM | Giveaways courtesy of Uniqlo
- 12–4 PM | The Object Project: Guests can become part of a podcast, looking at idiosyncratic relationships to possessions and collecting, by talking about a beloved object
- 1–4 PM | Pop-Up Talks + Tours: Visitors can go behind the scenes to learn more about the building on its 10th birthday
- 1–4 PM | Japanese Calligraphy Demonstration courtesy of Uniqlo
Coming from East Boston? Catch FREE shuttles to and from Zumix at 260 Sumner Street.
Leaving Zumix at 10, 11, 2, 3, and 4. | Leaving the ICA at 10:30, 11:30, 2:30, 3:30, and 4:30.
First come, first served. Bus seating subject to availability. Passengers do not need to be affiliated with Zumix to ride shuttles.
UNIQLO is a sponsor of ICA Teen Programs