Cornelia Parker, Hanging Fire (Suspected Arson), (detail) 1999. Charcoal, wire, pins, and nails, 144 × 60 × 72 inches (365.8 × 152.4 × 182.9 cm), Gift of Barbara Lee, The Barbara Lee Collection of Art by Women. Photo by Charles Mayer Photography. © 2016 Cornelia Parker
This Saturday at Community Day we asked you to show some love for your favorite work in First Light: A Decade of Collecting at the ICA with Hearts for Art, and the results are in! Here are your top 11 favorite works (there was a tie for 10th!), with Cornelia Parker’s Hanging Fire (Suspected Arson) taking the lead by almost 100 votes!
The best part? You can come and visit them for a few more weeks! First Light will be on view through Jan 16, 2017.
- Cornelia Parker, Hanging Fire (Suspected Arson)
- Nick Cave, Soundsuit
- Ragnar Kjartansson, The Man
- Ellen Gallagher, DeLuxe
- Kara Walker, The Nigger Huck Finn Pursues Happiness Beyond the Narrow Constraints of Your Overdetermined Thesis on Freedom–Drawn and Quartered by Mister Kara Walkerberry, with Condolences to the Authors
- Paul Chan, 1st
- Doris Salcedo, Atrabiliarios
- Mona Hatoum, Pin Rug
- Françoise Grossen, Inchworm
- Anne Collier, Open Book #3 (Island Wilderness)
- Louise Bourgeois, Cell (Hands and Mirror)